Scott Sneddon/Scott Wings
Contact – email@example.com
Phone – 0468913032
BIO in 3rd person because that’s what all the cool people do:
Scotty Wings (Scott Sneddon) is a performance artist with a highly physical, poetic lineage. He is a passionate and consistent curator of shows, collaborations and host of events that embolden people and spaces.
Scott’s performance and writing credits include: Poetic Threads, commissioned by Red Room and The National Art Gallery Of NSW; Whiplash touring performance at Dancehouse (VIC), The Butterfly Club (VIC), Jungle Love Festival (QLD) and Underground Arts Festival (QLD); a development residency as part of Metro Arts’ (QLD) Yum Lab; Food Fight live art performance with Chai Vivan (Malaysia); Nightlight Physical theatre with The Haque Centre of Acting and Creativity (Singapore); and 1 Table 2 Chairs Series with The Theatre Practice (Singapore).
Scott’s work has been presented at The Edinburgh, Adelaide, Perth World and Melbourne Fringe Festivals; Undercover Arts Festival; Melbourne Comedy Festival; and independently in spaces both site-specific and traditional theatres across the world.
Scott currently lectures in drama at Melbourne University, Trinity College.
Hello here is my CV:
I am a physical performer, teacher, immersive theatre practitioner, poet and director. I facilitate workshops in spoken word, physical theatre and creativity.
|B Creative Industries – Performance (Major), Indigenous Studies (Minor), QUT Kelvin Grove – Graduated 2010||Integrated Actor Training – Suzuki Physical Theatre Training, Melbourne 2017|
|Grad Dip Primary Education – Griffith Uni, Nathan – Graduated 2011||Butoh Festival workshop intensive with Katsura Kan & Du Du, Brisbane 2016|
|Zen Zen Zo Physical Theatre Company, Brisbane. 2012 – 2015 | Butoh | Suzuki Theatre Training | Viewpoints Theatre Training|
|SITI Company, New York, 2014 | Viewpoints | Suzuki|
|Dairakudakan, Hakuba Japan, 2015 | Butoh dance theatre|
|The Hope Project||Hillscene Live Festival – November 2017||Immersive theatre|
|Run Amok||You Are Here Festival – Canberra 2017||Immersive theatre game|
|The Farthest Possible Distance You Can Be Away Away Away From Me||IndepenDANCE Project 2017||Dance|
|Debris||Coburg Melbourne, July 2016||Immersive theatre|
|Um||IndepenDANCE Project with Phluxus2 Dance Collective – November 2016||Physical Theatre|
|Dead Heads by Ali Viterbi||Owl & Cat Theatre – June 2016 – Melbourne||Play|
Whiplash (2017-18); COLOSSI (2015-2016); Icarus Falling (2014-2015)
Whiplash (one-man physical poetry performance)
- Dancehouse – Melbourne Fringe September 2018
- Butterfly Club – Melbourne independant showing March 2018
- Jungle Love Festival 2017
- Undercover Arts Festival, Queensland Theatre Company, 2017
COLOSSI (site-specific one-man comedy, writer and performer)
- Woodford Folk Festival – 2016
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival – April 2016
- Art Not Apart – March 2016 – Canberra
- Anywhere Festival – May 2015 – Brisbane
- Training Shed Performance Collective – June 2015 – Singapore
- Under The Hammer – November 2015 – Melbourne
Icarus Falling (one-man show, writer and performer)
- Wonderland Festival – Brisbane Powerhouse – November 2014
- Crack Theatre Festival – Newcastle – September 2014
- Singapore – Alliwal Arts Centre – August 2014
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival – August 2014 – (Nominated for a Total Theatre Award. 5 stars) – C Venues
- Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney – July 2014
- Kelvin Grove State College (QLD) 2013 – 2017 Poet-in-residence, director of performances
- Singapore – HCAC – Physical theatre, Suzuki Method, Viewpoints Method and Site-specific performance 2017.
- Malaysia – theatrethreesixty – Physical theatre, immersive theatre and site-specific performance 2017.
- Ringwood College (VIC) poetry series – 2016
- Physical theatre and spoken word workshops (VIC) (titled Monster Stomp) – 2016
- Mackay Postive Learning Centre & Mirani SHS theatre, movement and poetry workshops (QLD) – 2016
- Hobart Cluster Schools Creative Writers Expo workshops (2 weeks leading up to performance poetry competition/slam for the students) 2014
- Zen Zen Zo vocal workshops – 2014
- Coffs Harbour State Schools (3 day performance workshop tour) – 2014
SE Asia performance workshops (2 month tour featuring workshops in Singapore and Manila) – 2013/2014
Here There Be Dragons – with Zen Zen Zo Physical Theatre Company – 2013 – Directed by Lynne Bradley
Up Late with Scott Wings & Friends – Anywhere Theatre Festival 2014
Scott Wings’ South East Asia Performance Poetry Tour (Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand) 2013/2014
Performance Poetry World Cup champion 2013
Metamorphosis – 2013 – The Bearded Lady, West End, QLD
UQ Women’s College – script for Zen Zen Zo 2014
MEDEA (chorus adaptation) – Zen Zen Zo Physical Theatre Company 2013
Factory Diaries – Red Riding Hood cross-disciplinary collaboration (fashion, photography, poetry) 2013
Queensland Poetry Festival Roadshow 2013.
Write Across QLD – Brisbane Writers Festival 2013-2014.
Co-director and producer for In-House – a month long performance residency of site-specific performance at The Box Vintage, West End, QLD. 2015
Ruckus Presents events:
Anthony Anaxagouro (UK) – August 2016
Laura Davis’ Ghost Machine (standup comedy) – October 31 2015
Matty Ford, The Architects Of Sound plus more (variety) – November 2015
Kudos, Georgia Rose & Scott Wings (variety) – September 2015
The Ghost We Share (immersive Theatre)- January 2015
Reviews for Scott’s shows Icarus Falling and COLOSSI:
“In his hands, or words, it becomes a dynamic fusion of spoken word, physical theatre, comedy and poetry” – Broadway Baby
“This theatre is exciting and scary. And vital. And relevant.” – British Theatre Guide
“It’s impossible to look away as he contorts himself physically and mentally, struggling to carry himself and a world of mental constructs through the mindscape he has created – one replete with wonder, comedy and drama.” – Jason Lomas, Anywhere Festival